Applications for the CWEA Scholarship Program are now being accepted for the 2023 season! Since the inception, our Scholarship Program has provided over $25,000 to the young performers of our activity who pursue academic excellence.
This scholarship program is open to all performers participating in a group that will compete at a CWEA event this season. Applicants must be currently enrolled as a high school senior or already enrolled in college. The CWEA Awards Committee will review all applications for these scholarships and select students who stand out in qualities of academic, artistic and personal achievements.
Applications for the 2023 Scholarship Program will be accepted through 11:59 PM on March 4, 2023. All applications and supporting materials must be submitted at this time. All applications received after this time will be discarded. There are no exceptions to this deadline.
The CWEA Board of Directors has established the following guidelines regarding the scholarship program:
- The recipient must be in his/her senior year of high school or already attending a college/university.
- The scholarship committee may choose to interview the scholarship finalists.
- The recipient must be an active marching member of a group that will compete with CWEA this season
- Applicants must include a copy of their high school/college transcripts and an explanation of the point system the school uses (i.e. 4 point scale).
- Scholarship(s) granted will be paid by check directly to institution specified by the student. Scholarship money may be used by the student for tuition, books and room/board. Any unused scholarship monies, either from the student leaving the educational establishment before completing his/her degree or upon the student completing and receiving his/her degree, must be returned to CWEA.
- The number of scholarships to be awarded will be determined by the annual budget.
- The scholarship will be granted for one year only, but recipients may re-apply to the next year if he/she remains active with a group and fulfills all other requirements.
- The award will be presented at the Circuit Championships event(s) at the end of the season
- All applications must include a photo (close up preferred).
- All applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation from individuals who they are not related to.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact [email protected]